Introducing the Contest:
This marks the first of what I hope will be many fun contests to come. The set plan is to begin a new contest on the first day of each season. Beginning that day, the entry period will run for two out of three of the months of that season, and the remaining month will be a time for judging and a break before the next contest begins. So to clarify, this first contest begins now, on the first day of summer, and all participants have until August 21st to submit their entries.
1. This contest features Butterfree, get the line art here
and start coloring!
2. Please do not remove the "Line Art by fab" in the lower left corner of the image.
3. Colors do not have to match the Pokémon's actual colors.
4. Backgrounds will be counted in judging the overall appeal of each picture, so do your best to make them nice!
5. Even though it's a "summer" contest, you don't have to feature anything pertaining to summer. Feel free to place Butterfree in an ice cave if you like.
6. Submit your entry by sending an e-mail to me.
7. Save pictures as PNG or JPG preferably, no BMP please!
8. Be sure to include your name somewhere on the image itself.
9. Only one entry per person.
Were this a contest where the participants needed to draw
Butterfree, I would think it necessary to select a group of knowledgeable Pokémon art critics. However the point is only to color
Butterfree. The question the judges will be asking themselves is, Who did the best coloring job?
Therefore I see no reason why anyone can't judge. So as to rule out biased judging, I will be asking for the opinions of people I know in real life, family and friends who are not members of the online Pokémon community, and know next to nothing about Pokémon. I think that's the most "fair" way to do it, and it also means that no potential participants will have to forego entering to take part in judging. Hopefully no one has any objections.
At this point I am unsure as to what sort of prizes will be awarded. At the very least
, the winner can expect to receive an award (some form of fancy graphic indicating their victory) and spotlight recognition here on Sneasel Plushie! It is possible that greater prizes will be awarded to the winner, and perhaps to the runner(s) up. These decisions will be influenced by the amount of entries and overall enthusiasm toward the contest. Most importantly though, I hope people will participate for the fun
, regardless of potential benefits.
Updated: Graphic awards to be awarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. Additionally,
1st place to receive art request from fab, 2nd place to have a say in which Pokémon will be featured in the next contest.