Introducing the Contest:
The first contest this summer was quite a success! It worked out very well, so there's really very little to add or change in regards to the rules and organization as we begin the autumn contest. With just a few minor tweaks, here's hoping the contest will be even greater in this round!
1. This contest features Typhlosion, get the line art and start coloring! For those who want to color a "calm" Typhlosion, or add their own style of neck flames, there are two versions of line art available, with fire
or without fire
2. Be sure to include your name somewhere on the image itself, but please do not remove the "Line Art by fab" in the lower left corner.
3. Colors do not have to match the Pokémon's actual colors.
4. Backgrounds will be counted in judging the overall appeal of each picture, so do your best to make them nice!
5. Even though it's an "autumn" contest, you don't have to feature anything pertaining to autumn. Feel free to place Typhlosion in a lush, green valley if you like.
6. Submit your entry by sending an e-mail to me.
7. Save pictures as PNG or JPG preferably, no BMP please!
8. Original line art comes at 1024x1024 pixel size. Please keep your final versions squared, and reduced to no less than 800x800.
9. Only one entry per person.
The judging panel consists of five people who will base their selections according to the overall appeal of the coloring and background. These are people I know in real life, family and friends who are not members of the online Pokémon community, and some of whom know next to nothing about Pokémon. This system worked well for the first contest, and it keeps things fair. It also means that no potential participants will have to forego entering to take part in judging.
Prizes are awarded to the top 3 entries as chosen by the judges. Each of the 3 will receive a graphic-award (see previous contest pages for example) indicating their respective placement. In addition, 1st Place winner earns the right to request a piece of artwork by me, fab*, and 2nd Place winner gets to have a say in which Pokémon shall be featured in the next contest**. All participating entries will be featured on the site, so let that in itself be the goal and have fun coloring!